1/2 Photos of Cornbread Chicken Pie
Baby Kato's Note:
This is another great country dish, a bubbling chicken pie, that will take you over the edge. Quick and easy to make and very tasty. A dish from the Ottawa Valley.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts, large, halved
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup onion, sweet, chopped
- 1 shallot, french, large, sliced
- 1/4 cup mushroom, cremi, sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, sweet (mixture, red or orange or yellow)
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen, peaches and cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, sea
- 1 teaspoon oregano, fresh, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup broth, chicken
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1Preheat oven 425°F.
- 2Put chicken in pot, pour in just enough water to cover, bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Drain, remove the chicken from pot, deskin, debone and cube.
- 4Place the cooked chicken in the fridge until needed.
- 5Melt butter and saute onions, shallot, peppers, mushrooms and corn 5 minutes.
- 6Add flour, and cook for 1 minute, now add the salt and oregano, then slowly in the milk and broth.
- 7Stirring often, cook until the mixture has thickened, add chicken cubes.
- 8Pour into a round baking dish.
- 9In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- 10Blend in the egg, milk and butter.
- 11Stir in the cheese and pour over the chicken mixture, sprinkle with paprika and oregano.
- 12Turn oven down to 400°F and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until the crust is golden.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Chicken Pie
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.4
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 177.4 mg
- Sodium 1474.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 29.9 g