Recipe by appliance queen
I got this from Quick Cooking magazine but I altered it by adding dry Italian dressing mix because I didn't have the ranch that it called for. My husband liked it so that's always good!
Top Review by HisPixie
I have made this recipe using Ranch salad dressing mix. It didn't do well on the stove top for me -- too brown on the outside and not done enough on the inside -- so I transferred it to the oven. It tasted quite good, though. The coating may adhere better if the chicken were dipped in flour then and egg/milk mixture first and then into the cornbread mixture. (Got my recipe for the Taste of Home Bulletin Board)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread-muffin mix
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup milk
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine corn bread mix and salad dressing mix.
- Pour milk into a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in milk, then place in bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.