Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is perfect side to serve with chili, pork, roast chicken and ribs.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup dry milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium skillet, saute onions in butter over medium-high heat until golden,about 10 minutes, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix egg and water.
- Stir in corn.
- Stir in dry milk and muffin mix until blended.
- Stir in onions.
- Spread in mix into a greased 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes and cut into squares.