Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
So easy and so yummy with chili or Cajun chicken strips.
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix (I use Jiffy)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 11x7x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top and edges are golden brown.
I LOVE this recipe! I'm a huge cornbread fan anyway so jazzing it up was just awesome! I make this to go with black-eyed peas. I the cornbread in large muffing tins. Then when they are done I split them half and put them into a bowl add a little butter and then black-eyed peas with lots of juice on top. mmmmmm sooooo good! Awesome winter lunch!
i made this up tonight with some fried pork strips on the side, i also made up another can of creamed corn on the side to pour over the pork and bread. great taste, very easy to make - thanks for the recipe!