Recipe by barefootmommawv
So easy and so yummy with chili or Cajun chicken strips.
Top Review by Jamie1094
I LOVE this recipe! I'm a huge cornbread fan anyway so jazzing it up was just awesome! I make this to go with black-eyed peas. I the cornbread in large muffing tins. Then when they are done I split them half and put them into a bowl add a little butter and then black-eyed peas with lots of juice on top. mmmmmm sooooo good! Awesome winter lunch!
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix (I use Jiffy)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder