Recipe by Chilicat
This is a sweet corn bread that's delicious hot out of the oven but is also excellent the next day for breakfast.
Top Review by Lacy S.
I am not big on sweet cornbread but this was good. I have never made cornbread with bisquick and I was kinda leary but it turned out really good. I liked the texture it had. It isn't a cornbread I would serve with beans but I will make it again. Thanks chilicat!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (3 blocks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 7 teaspoons cornmeal
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar well. Add eggs one at a time; do not overbeat. Mix dry ingredients together and add to butter mixture alternately with milk until all milk is gone.
- Pour into an ungreased 9"x13" pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.