Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a sweet corn bread that's delicious hot out of the oven but is also excellent the next day for breakfast.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (3 blocks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 7 teaspoons cornmeal
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar well. Add eggs one at a time; do not overbeat. Mix dry ingredients together and add to butter mixture alternately with milk until all milk is gone.
- Pour into an ungreased 9"x13" pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
I am not big on sweet cornbread but this was good. I have never made cornbread with bisquick and I was kinda leary but it turned out really good. I liked the texture it had. It isn't a cornbread I would serve with beans but I will make it again. Thanks chilicat!
Tried this for ZWT III and it was very good. It is much better warm, but DH did take the rest of it to work with him the next day and the guys really enjoyed it. Thanks Chilicat....it is a good, quick recipe to make and we liked it.