Recipe by Marz
This recipe also makes a dozen standard muffins. A spin off from the regular cornmeal muffins. Goes well with a cup of soup.
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 9 3⁄4 ounces cream-style corn
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and nest 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine cheese and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a small bowl; stir with whisk. Add to flour mixture; just until moistened.
- Divide batter evenly among miniture muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- BAke for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in cups for 2 minutes on wire racks; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.