Recipe by Manami
I was happy to find another recipe that uses cornmeal that we all liked! We made these with Splenda sugar substitute and you can't taste it. "This recipe also makes a dozen muffins in a standard muffin tin; bake 17 minutes or until golden brown. You can also double the recipe and freeze the extra muffins for up to one month." Cooking Light, October 2007.
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 8 3⁄4 ounces cream-style corn
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl.
- Combine cheese and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Divide batter evenly among miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in cups 2 minutes on wire racks; remove from pans.
- Cool completely on wire racks.