- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cornbread, cut into cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the bacon in a large, heavy skillet until crisp. Remove bacon, drain on paper towels, and crumble. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease.
- Saute the onion, celery and parsley in the fat over medium heat until the onion is clear, about 5 minutes. Add the broth, cornbread cubes, and crumbled bacon, mix throughly.
- Pour into a buttered baking pan and bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 35 minutes or until it pulls away from the sides of the baking pan.