I never ate the dressing at Thanksgiving until I made this the first time! It's not to heavy and you can make it as moist or dry as you like. A big hit that I now make often, not just on holidays! Adapted from allrecipies.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1One to two days ahead, make one pan of cornbread according to the box instructions. Let this sit out overnight and get a firm (almost hard) crust.
- 2Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble, drain and set aside.
- 3Ina sauté pan, cook onion and celery in butter until soft. Remove from heat, allow to cool.
- 4In a large bowl, combine crumbled cornbread, sausage, onions and celery. Add sage (if used), garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 5In 1/4 cup increments, add chicken broth to stuffing mixture until consistency you desire. Toss gently until evenly moist.
- 6Place in a 2-qt casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- 7If you use this recipe as stuffing, place loosely in the fowl and heat until stuffing is 160 degrees F.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread and Sausage Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 932.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g