Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I never ate the dressing at Thanksgiving until I made this the first time! It's not to heavy and you can make it as moist or dry as you like. A big hit that I now make often, not just on holidays! Adapted from allrecipies.com
- One to two days ahead, make one pan of cornbread according to the box instructions. Let this sit out overnight and get a firm (almost hard) crust.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble, drain and set aside.
- Ina sauté pan, cook onion and celery in butter until soft. Remove from heat, allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine crumbled cornbread, sausage, onions and celery. Add sage (if used), garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In 1/4 cup increments, add chicken broth to stuffing mixture until consistency you desire. Toss gently until evenly moist.
- Place in a 2-qt casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- If you use this recipe as stuffing, place loosely in the fowl and heat until stuffing is 160 degrees F.