1/2 Photos of Cornbread
The only way southern ladies make it. This is nothing more than passed down with time and convenience of cornbread mixes and an iron skillet...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat 450 degrees put oil in iron skillet until ready to use.
- 2Mix the cornmeal, egg and milk together.
- 3When oil is real hot pour over cornmeal mixture.
- 4Once mixed together, pour back into the 10" iron skillet.
- 5Place in the oven until golden brown on the top.
- 6The best cornbread comes from a well seasoned skillet.
- 7The blacker the better!
- 8I have never used 2 1/2 cups of the corn meal. I have heard of the flour but if done right I swear it's like slicing bread.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.9
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 81.8 mg
- Sodium 84.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 9.7 g