Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very moist corn bread recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream, plus
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease 8 inch square pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sour cream, milk and eggs together.
- Quickly stir in butter.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients.
- Stir with rubber spatula just to blend.
- DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Scrape batter into pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into squares.
As advertised, this is very moist. Loved the texture (not crumbly) and flavor. I made one small change. I used a full cup of sour cream (light) and cut back the milk to compensate. Didn't want to store 1/4 cup leftover sour cream :) Baking time was perfect. Thanks for a keeper.
Great recipe! I evened out the ingredients for ease of remembering and doubled the recipe. The addition of sour cream made a nice change and the flavor was wonderful. I cooked it in two pans so that the cooked evenly. This will become my basic, no cheese, no fuss, no cream corn recipe for daily use. Thanks
Best I have ever eaten!! I had white self-ricing meal and adjusted the recipe accordingly. Baked in cast iron skillet.