Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just a basic Corn Bread recipe with no extras. Good old plain Corn Bread! Best when hot right out of the oven!!! This recipe is from the fannie Farmer cookbook.
- 177.44 ml cornmeal
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 236.59 ml milk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 29.58 ml shortening, melted
- Sift together the cornmeal, flour, Splenda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in the milk, egg, and melted shortening.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 8 inch square pan.
- Bake 20 minutes at 425 degrees.
Like it says-Just plain old corn bread! But really good! Nice texture, soft inside and crunchy outside. Went great with a bowl of chili. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.