Recipe by Tikidoc
Simple cornbread recipe. I think this is an Alton Brown recipe.
Top Review by mapaklenk
Very tasty - just like mom used to make! Added a little more sugar, as Himself likes his cornbread sweeter than most, and did not have a cast iron skillet so just added the melted butter to the liquids and sprayed a casserole with Pam instead. Thanks for sharing
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Preheat cast iron skillet in hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another.
- Put butter in hot skillet to melt, and dump most of it into the wet stuff.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ones.
- Put batter into skillet and bake until golden, 20-25 minutes.