Top Review by *Parsley*
I like my cornbread a little sweet, so this was ideal. It really doesn't take much longer to mix this up than it does a mix. The flavor was perfect but the texture wasn't as moist as I would have liked. Thanx for posting!
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup stone ground cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F; grease bottom & sides of a 9x9x2-inch or 8x8x2-inch baking pan, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture, set aside.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, milk, and oil.
- Add egg mixture all at once to dry mixture.
- Stir just till moistened.
- Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, till a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.