Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Pastry Queen Christmas with my refinements (don't like sugar in my cornbread and prefer buttermilk).
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl wish together the eggs, buttermilk and 6 tablespoons of the oil.
- Pour the egg mixture into the cornmeal mixture and stir just until incorporated.
- Grease and 8-inch cast-iron skillet with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Preheat the skillet in the hot oven for about 5 minutes. Pour the batter into the skillet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the corn bread is firm to the touch and lightly brown on top.