Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe from my friend Mindy's Aunt Sissy.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten slightly
- 4 cups Bisquick
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Soften the butter.
- Mix the milk and the eggs. Set these aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the milk mixture and the softened butter. Mix thoroughly but do not beat.
- Pour into an ungreased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey and butter. After the cornbread has baked and while it is hot, coat with the honey and butter mixture.
- Let set for 15 minutes minimum before serving. This cornbread is even better the next day if there is any left!
Rich, heavy and delicious. JUst the way cornbread should be.
Thanks for sharing the recipe.