Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Preheat over to 425.
- Melt butter in oven in 9x9 baking pan.
- In large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Measure milk, then beat the two eggs into it.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the egg/milk mixture into it.
- Pour in the melted butter.
- Stir well until just moistened.
- Pour batter into 9x9 pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
HumHumHum this recipe has them all beat, very moist and flavorable, I have made it many times and it is always perfect, goes great with chili, beans and chicken & dumplings.
Delicious cornbread! I used a iron skillet to make it in. To me there is nothing like using an iron skillet to bake cornbread in :) It turned out perfect! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
We love this cornbread it was so good my family
thought it was jiffy cornbread out of the box. This
Recipe is a keeper I did make a few changes 2 the
Recipe. I added a tablespoon of honey & a half
tablespoon of vanilla extract. Yummmmmm........
Very very very good. Thanks for sharing this recipe.