- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 1⁄4 ounces can creamed corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Briefly mix all dry ingredients with wire whisk.
- Add wet ingredients & mix just to combine.
- Pour batter into 10" (24cm) greased cake pan or skillet or 6 muffin pan & bake at 400f (200c) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- "Fun tip for Chili": make as muffins, cut in half horizontally, put bottom of muffin in bowl & cover with chili, serve muffin top on the side with butter.