Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Try this for a different side dish. Double it and it will do well on a buffet table or for a potluck. Make this ahead and pop in oven to cook when ready to serve.
- Mix corn and flour together and place 1 cup in a well greased 1 1/2 quart casserole Place zucchini slices on top of corn.
- Place onion on top of zucchini.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Place remaining cup of corn on top.
- Mix cottage cheese and egg together, pour over corn.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake@ 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This was easy and tasty will make it again.
I also thought this sounded a little bland, and increased the onion size. Took it to a potluck and had 3 people ask for the recipe. Definitely a winner. If I made it for home, I think garlic would be a good addition. Also, I would decrease the amount of breadcrumbs. It was a little too much on top for my taste. Thanks for posting this!
My garden is inundating me with zucchini and corn right now, so this was the perfect recipe for me to try. It sounded a little bland for my taste, so I upped the onion to large, added a couple of cloves of garlic, and about a 1/4C grated Parmesan. It was delicious and will become a standard every summer. Thanks for a great recipe.