Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A colorful chowder using zucchini, red chile, and corn.
- 4 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 roasted red chili pepper
- 2 cups frozen white corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Bring 3 cups of chicken stock and zucchini to a boil.
- Cook until zucchini is semi-tender.
- In the blender, add 1 cup of stock, the roasted red pepper and blend until smooth.
- Add about 1 1/2 cups of the corn and blend slightly, leaving the corn chunky.
- Add this to the pot with the zucchini, and the remaining corn.
- Add the oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.
- It should be a little spicy.
- Just before it boils, add the milk and the cheese.
- Do not let it boil.
- Mix and serve.