Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Easy, flavorful skillet side dish.
Top Review by bella214
Nurse Di, my husband and I thought this was a delicious vegetable skillet saute. The combination of vegetables and chiles was excellent. We added a little Cajun seasoning for extra spice. We actually had this as our main dish with some grilled shrooms and salad. Wonderful. bella
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add the squash, garlic, chilies, salt, and pepper.
- Saute until squash is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until the cheese is melted.