Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very good and easy side dish to Mexican dishes or any other. The recipes comes from Ortega.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add corn, onions, garlic; cook stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add tomato, chiles, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
Very easy and tasty side dish. I used frozen corn, thawed and drained. I really think fresh would be the best, but frozen is probably better than canned. The dish is simple to make but the flavors of garlic and chiles add a very nice layer of flavor. I will make this one again. I can't wait for the summer tomatoes as I know they will make it even better. Thanks for sharing the great healthy, tasty, and easy dish. As an added bonus I loved the beautiful colors together.
Very good and easy. Everyone really liked it.
Wonderful side dish. Leftovers great served in a tortilla wrap with refried beans, lettuce, sour cream .... whatever your heart desires.