Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
We especially like this tasty side dish from "Quick and Easy Chinese" by Nancie McDermott when served alongside spicy pork or shrimp dishes. As written, this is a fairly mile dish. We like spicy foods - "Optional" ingredients are my additions.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in wok, and swirl to coat the pan. Add garlic, ginger, and salt and toss well. Add red chile flakes, if using.
- Add corn and toss to mix with the oil. Add edamame beans, and toss to combine. Add onions and bell peppers if using.
- Add water and cook, tossing often, until the corn and adamame beans are hot and tender.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and sugar, and stir gently to mix them in evenly and heat them just a little. Add sesame oil and cilantro, toss well, and transfer to serving bowl. Serve hot or warm.