Recipe by dianegrapegrower
We especially like this tasty side dish from "Quick and Easy Chinese" by Nancie McDermott when served alongside spicy pork or shrimp dishes. As written, this is a fairly mile dish. We like spicy foods - "Optional" ingredients are my additions.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in wok, and swirl to coat the pan. Add garlic, ginger, and salt and toss well. Add red chile flakes, if using.
- Add corn and toss to mix with the oil. Add edamame beans, and toss to combine. Add onions and bell peppers if using.
- Add water and cook, tossing often, until the corn and adamame beans are hot and tender.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and sugar, and stir gently to mix them in evenly and heat them just a little. Add sesame oil and cilantro, toss well, and transfer to serving bowl. Serve hot or warm.