Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
I like to serve this dish on special occasions especially at Christmas and other holidays. It's a nice change from ordinary corn.
Top Review by Myrna 2
This is GREAT. As usual, I changed directions. Cooked everything together. Wonderful! It's a good thing I took the the first serving,cause DH ate it all. There was no seconds, let a lone left overs. Had it with bar-ba-bque steaks, and Miss Nezz coleslaw. Perfect Labor Day meal.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 4 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, well drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp then crumble and set aside.
- Drain off all but 4 tbsp bacon drippings.
- Over medium heat saute onions in drippings until soft.
- Add flour to drippings and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add corn and cook 3 minutes.
- Add sour cream stirring until well blended.
- Add reserved crumbled bacon and seasonings and cook 10 minutes but do not let sour cream boil.