Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe from my mother. I never thought corn could taste so different. The sour cream makes it luscious!
- 2 teaspoons chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/2 pint) cup sour cream
- 2 (12 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked,drained,and crumbled (or package of pre-cooked, crumbled bacon)
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Cook onion in butter until soft; blend in flour and salt.
- Add sour cream gradually, stirring to keep smooth.
- Heat to boiling; add corn; cook until heated through.
- Fold in 1/2 crumbled bacon.
- Turn into serving dish, garnish with remaining bacon and parsley.
Something a little different, but was very tasty.
Heaven! I doubled onions, butter, flour, and skipped the parsley. It was creamy and delicious! I cooked the bacon with a little brown sugar (which was wonderful) and it added a nice sweetness. Great recipe - try it!
this was great! even my husband liked it who hates corn except for my spicy corn. this tasted very similar to my spicy corn, but uses a roux and sour cream instead of cream cheese and the bacon is an awesome addition! the only change i made was adding some serrano peppers for heat. i made this up ahead of time and put it in a warm oven til everything else was ready. this is a real keeper, thanks kathy!