- 4 cups corn (kernels)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 -2 small green serrano chilies, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in medium wok or pan over high heat. when oil starts to smoke, add mustard seeds and cover. when seeds stop sputtering, add chiles and stir till well toasted. lower heat to medium and add turmeric, stir, and add corn and salt to taste. toss well, turn heat to low, cover, and cook corn until soft and tender, about 5 minute.
- stir in cilantro and serve warm or at room temperature.