Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
from "5 spices, 50 dishes" by ruta kahate
Make and share this Corn With Mustard Seeds recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups corn (kernels)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 -2 small green serrano chilies, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- heat oil in medium wok or pan over high heat. when oil starts to smoke, add mustard seeds and cover. when seeds stop sputtering, add chiles and stir till well toasted. lower heat to medium and add turmeric, stir, and add corn and salt to taste. toss well, turn heat to low, cover, and cook corn until soft and tender, about 5 minute.
- stir in cilantro and serve warm or at room temperature.