Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a quick and simple way to liven up plain corn. You could use green onions instead of chives but reduce the amount, and adjust the amount of garlic to your taste. Use fresh corn cut off the cobs, or frozen.
- 4 cups corn
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chives, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium low heat.
- Add garlic and stir about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add corn and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add chives and salt and pepper to taste.
LOVED it! my new way to eat corn
FANTASTIC! So easy, so tasty. Delicious. I will make this again and again. Made for the May 2009 Herb/Spice of the month.
Absolutely terrific. What an easy and impressive transformation of canned corn. I'll certainly be making this more often. Thanks Cookin-Jo for sharing. Made for the Herb/Spice of the Month.