Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Creamed corn with a French twist. Modified recipe from Chow Hound.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen, thaw and drain if frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces chevre cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, medium dice
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When it foams, add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add corn and cream, and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until cream is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chevre until it melts and is well incorporated. Stir in red peppers, and parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.