Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This sounds like a perfect BBQ or Potluck dish -- this way the calories and fat associated with this recipe are distributed over a larger number of people. Actually this just means that, hopefully, I won't be able to eat more than one serving of this casserole. Love the addition of the cream cheese and bacon with the corn -- most of all, the crushed potato chip topping. Where possible, I substituted the lighter version of ingredients. Found this in Taste of the South magazine.
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, diced
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 2 (453.59 g) package light cream cheese
- 236.59 ml light sour cream
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 3 (1360.77 g) package whole kernel corn (thawed)
- 340.19 g bacon, cooked and crumbled (drained very well)
- 236.59 ml potato chips, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet, saute bell pepper and green onions in butter over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. Add sour cream, salt, pepper; stir. Add corn and bacon, stirring to combine. Spoon into a 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish. Top with crushed potato chips. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or just until hot and bubbly.
I had to sub the crisps for smashed up crackers, as none of the crisps in the house were of a suitable flavour....<br/>DH and I loved this.....kids not so sure, but I didn't care, as it meant more for me.....I could just eat a dish of this and nothing else ( in fact I almost did!!).....deeeelicious!<br/>Made for PRMR.
After omitting the salt, and using sour cream and onion potato chips. used less than 3/4 cup, and used these since sour cream and onions were in the recipe. Went well with some baked potatoes. Kids gobbled down. Made for PRMR.