Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Quick Cooking, this is a great side dish for a barbecue or potluck.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups frozen corn or 2 cups canned corn
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Stir in corn, tomato, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Perfect for a weeknight side dish! used a whole tomato and red bell pepper. Thanks lazyme! :)
I liked it a lot. But my sister's fussy about her corn. her loss. easy and different. cooked it just like the recipe said to.