Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My family loves waffles and pancakes, especially for supper. The more unusual, the better.
- 1 3⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lime rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- For the Cilantro-Lime Butter: mix together all the ingredients in a small bowl; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- For the waffles: Add the first 3 ingredients to a large mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, add the eggs, buttermilk, and vegetable oil; whisk to combine.
- Add in the corn; stir to combine.
- Add the corn mixture to the dry ingredients; stir just until moistened (do not overmix).
- Cook in a pre-heated oiled waffle iron until golden.
- Serve warm with Cilantro-Lime Butter.
These were really good. I made them and served with a pot of corn chowder instead of cornbread. The cilantro butter gave them the perfect kick. Thanks for sharing this recipe.