From the book that came with my waffle maker. I make the whole batch, then freeze any leftovers, which become a quick breakfast during the week. These taste like cornbread, so you could have them for lunch or dinner with chili on them, etc.
- Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Combine until well-blended and smooth.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes and rest.
- Pour 3/4 c.
- of batter onto waffle iron, spread with rubber spatula.
- Let batter bubble for 5-10 seconds, then close lid.
- Repeat until batter is finished.