Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was a yummy alternative to enchiladas when I didn't have any flour tortillas. You can use what ever kind of salsa you have and degree of spiciness. I used a mild garlic and lime salsa and it was yummy.
- cooking spray
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- onion salt
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Mix in 1 cup salsa.
- Mix in 1/2 can of enchilada sauce.
- Season with salt, pepper, onion salt and paprika.
- In a 9x12-inch pan spray bottom with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/2 can of enchilada sauce on bottom of pan. Make sure bottom is covered in sauce.
- Layer 6 corn tortillas to cover bottom.
- Spoon beef mixture over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheddar cheese or enough to cover beef.
- Layer with tortillas to cover beef.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas.
- Cover with rest of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
This is a really quick and easy recipe! I used garbanzo beans instead of beef for a vegetarian option and it was great!
Great recipe & super easy. I added sliced onions and peppers to get some more veggies in. And I also rolled the enchiladas instead of making a casserole. I've always preferred the corn tortillas when I make enchiladas.