Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I threw this together tonight with what I had on hand. It turned out really good! You can play with the spices to suit your taste, I have estimated the amounts here. I made them as written but I think some corn added to the mixture would be good too. Note: prep time includes cooking the filling
- olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 -2 cup monterey jack cheese
- Chop the red pepper and onion.
- Brown the chopped red pepper and onion in some olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add the ground turkey, breaking up as you brown it.
- Add the salsa, chili powder and garlic powder mixing til seasonings are combined.
- Place some of the mixture down the middle of soft corn tortilla, top with some of the shredded cheese and roll up.
- I used a George Foreman grill for the next step, I imagine you could use a frying pan but the grill works nicely to seal up the tortilla. Spray some cooking spray on a preheated grill and grill the rolled tortilla until slightly crispy and cheese has melted.
- You could serve this with sour cream and additional salsa if you wish.