Recipe by Judikins
Believe me, I've tried a lot of "taco casseroles", but this one really hit the spot at a holiday ladies potluck luncheon. I was one of the many who asked for the recipe, received it and thought I'd pass it on to my "zaar" friends. She said it came from a California elementry school cookbook. Just great with a green salad and a glass of beer or wine!
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces water
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 2 cups grated mexican cheese (4 different kinds)
- 4 1⁄4 ounces diced black olives
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground been and onion.
- Add soup, sauce, water, olives and seasoning to meat.
- Mix well in a 9x13" pan.
- Cut 6 tortillas into small pieces (I stack and quarter) and lay in bottom of pan.
- Pour 1/2 of mixture on top.
- Add 1/2 of cheese.
- Cut last 6 tortillas and place on top.
- Add the last of the mixture and finish with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 1 hour.