Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Believe me, I've tried a lot of "taco casseroles", but this one really hit the spot at a holiday ladies potluck luncheon. I was one of the many who asked for the recipe, received it and thought I'd pass it on to my "zaar" friends. She said it came from a California elementry school cookbook. Just great with a green salad and a glass of beer or wine!
- Brown ground been and onion.
- Add soup, sauce, water, olives and seasoning to meat.
- Mix well in a 9x13" pan.
- Cut 6 tortillas into small pieces (I stack and quarter) and lay in bottom of pan.
- Pour 1/2 of mixture on top.
- Add 1/2 of cheese.
- Cut last 6 tortillas and place on top.
- Add the last of the mixture and finish with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 1 hour.