Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Taste of Home magazine
- 36 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (28 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 3 (16 ounce) jars salsa
- 24 ounces sour cream
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 (3 7/8 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) bagshredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) bagshredded monterey jack cheese
- In each of two greased 13-inch by 9- inch baking dishes arrange six tortillas.
- Top each with 1 cup chicken, 2/3 cup kidney beans, 1 cup salsa, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup green pepper, 1/3 cup olives, 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
MMMM! I wish I made 2 pans like the recipe listed instead of one because this is phenomenal. I found this recipe in 2008 Taste of Home Annual Recipes by Susan Seymar of Valatie, New York. This is "can't stop eating" delicious. Thank you for posting this terrific recipe!
This was pretty good. I halved the recipe and it was still quite a bit of food! I left out the green peppers because I didn't have any. I wish I would have left out the olives. I like olives in some things, but just didn't care for them in this. I will probably make this again sometime with the green peppers, and also might through some corn or other types of beans or something. Thanks for sharing this recipe!