Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Quick and easy, you can also double the dressing ingredients and add two cups or so of cooked fusilli pasta to make a different pasta salad! Clearly, though, the key to this salad is using the freshest, ripest, garden tomatoes. This is really portable and is great to take to a backyard barbecue, picnic, or tailgating.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil and vinegar dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices, about 3 cups
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 3⁄4 lbs tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, ribs removed, minced (optional)