Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom's recipe - tried it for the first time in quite a while, and I could barely stop eating it.
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onions or 1 green onion
- 1⁄4 cup macaroni or 1⁄4 cup other pastas
- 2 cups canned corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crouton
- Bring the tomatoes, water, and macaroni to a boil.
- Chop the onion and add to the rest.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the corn, and simmer about 10 more minutes.
- In a separate pot, make a white sauce: Melt the margarine, and stir in the flour and salt. Add the milk.
- Stir very well with a wooden spoon or wire whisk while heating. Add the cream, and continue heating.
- Once the mixture starts to bubble, turn down the heat and keep stirring a couple minutes until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Combine the white sauce and soup.
- Serve with grated cheese, chopped green pepper, and croutons.