Tallie in Pacific NW's Note:
Taken from several recipes of great taste, I adapted this recipe to what MY family is into, and, on what day of the week! LOL Feel free to change it up. Use ham instead of bacon. Toss it in the slowcooker, or throw it together and in 20 mins you hv dinner. It's EZ, inexpensive, creamy w/texture and veggies for the family. Have fun with it kiddies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs frozen white corn
- 9 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, bottled minced
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 7 ounces bacon, precooked, diced
- 1 (7 ounce) can fire roasted green chilies, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fat free coffee creamer
- 1In a large soup pot, combine all ingredients EXCEPT tomatoes and creamer. Allow all to come to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high, and stir on occasion until potatoes are tender.
- 2Add tomatoes and creamer. Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat; add cornstarch and water mixture to thicken chowder to desired consistency. Best with potato rolls.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn, Tomato, Bacon or Ham Chowder Too Good to Be True
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.6
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 167.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 13.1 g