Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From "Homemade in a Hurry" by Andrew Schloss
Make and share this Corn, Tomato and Soyrizo Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 ounces crumbled soy chorizo (or other vegetarian mexican meat substitute)
- 15 ounces canned corn kernels, drained
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained (Rotel or S&W)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat broiler to high with rack at medium height. Beat eggs, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Spray an oven-safe skillet with oil and heat over medium-high. Brown the chorizo (in order to do this, you must remove the casing). Add the corn and tomatoes and simmer for about four minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add the egg mixture, ensuring it evenly coats the bottom of the pan and that vegetables are evenly distributed. Lift the edges of the frittata to ensure all egg gets heated. Cook until only the top of the mixture is liquidy.
- Place the pan under the broiler until surface is puffed and lightly browned, about 2-4 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheese and cover and let sit for about five minutes, or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle fresh cilantro over the top. Serve hot.
quick, easy and healthy
Great recipe, I used cacique soyrizo and a can of mild rotel tomatoes, I also added 2 additional eggs. It was packed full of veggies, and had fantastic flavor, but we added hot sauce at the table. I also baked it at 400 for 12 min rather than under the broiler. Served with sour cream and corn tortillas as breakfast tacos, and it fed us twice (family of 4).