Recipe by NICK SUHADOLNIK
This is an excellent dish alone or as a side dish for both hot and cold entrees. Best if allowed to stand at least an hour in order to marinate the flavors. Can even be made a day or two ahead, as the flavors get even better.
Top Review by o_brienniamh
This was so yummy! I made it to go with some corn fritters and burritos and it made the dishes even more exciting. Very fresh flavours! Will definitely use this recipe again. Thank you!
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lightly toasted,freshly ground cumin seed
- 2 jalapeno chiles, minced
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red chile honey (see ingredients below)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels (or 1 15 oz. can whole kernel corn)
- 6 large coarsely chopped ripe roma tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
Red Chile Honey
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- To make red chile honey: Mix honey, red chile powder, cumin and garlic salt.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan on low heat and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- To make salsa: Lightly saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft.
- Mix the chopped cilantro, cumin seed, jalapeno, vinegar, honey, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the corn, tomatos, black beans and sauteed ingredients.
- Stir to combine thoroughly.