Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This salad is a celebration of summer so all ingredients should be fresh. Serve it at room temperature or cold. For a different take on the recipe substitute the last three ingredients with fresh parsley, lemon juice and ricotta salata.
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 small leeks, white and light green parts,halved lengthwise,thinly sliced crosswise and well washed (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn kernels (4-5 ears)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (or grape tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup torn basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring a pot filled with way too much water and way too much salt to boil; add pasta and cook until al dente; drain, rinse with cold water and drain again; set aside.
- Add oil to a skillet and warm over medium heat; add leeks and cook until translucent, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes; add corn, salt and pepper to taste and red pepper flakes; cook 3 to 4 minutes until corn is heated through; remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients to combine; adjust seasoning.