- 1 ear of corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small yellow tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 small avocado, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 2 cups bibb lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 ounce mizithra cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Shuck the corn and blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain and cool in an ice bath; remove kernels and set aside.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper together until oil is emulsified; mix the corn, tomatoes and basil; drizzle with half the dressing and toss to coat; gently fold in avocado.
- Toss lettuce with the remaining dressing; plate the lettuce and top with the vegetables; sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.