Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
From WW simply the best - all American cookbook
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 cups packed cleaned and coarsely chopped kale
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup egg whites or 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 6 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray. Melt butter in a large skillet. Stir in the kale, red pepper, and onion. Cook and cover until kale is just wilted, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and let cool about 10 minutes.
- Combine the corn, egg whites, cottage cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, flour, salt, and cayenne in a food processor and blend. Stir the corn mixture into the kale mixture until well blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake until puffed and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 30-35 minutes.