Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on the 40% carb, 30% protein, and 30% fat plan this bar is a great source of energy for endurance sports. Much cheaper than most of the store-bought bars- and tastier too!
- 2 cups corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups natural-style peanut butter, preferably fresh ground
- 1 -2 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more if you want)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups naturade vegetable protein powder (available at health food stores)
- 3 cups quick oats or 3 cups old fashioned oats, pureed into a powder in a food processor
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in protein powder until the mixture becomes too stiff, then use your hands to mix.
- Add in oats; at this point upper body strength is required.
- The dough will be very stiff.
- After mixing, spread onto a 11.
- 5" X 15" jelly roll pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour; cut into 30 bars, and place each into a Ziploc bag or store them somehow.
- They will remain fresh longer if refrigerated.
- Happy eating!
I have been making these for my husband for a couple of years now. I am glad to see that the recipe is posted here because I always have to scramble to find it. I usually try to stir in an additional cup of protein powder to up the protein content but that is really the only change I make. These bars really are very good and I suggest this recipe to anyone who is trying to save a little money on energy bars. These taste much better than Power Bars, by the way.