Recipe by tree luee dee
This is another recipe from my "Taste of Home" magazines. I get so many recipes from this magazine! This is just a different way to serve stuffing. We really love it!
- 6 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, divided
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Place croutons in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute celery and onion in 1/2 cup butter.
- Add the corn, water, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat, cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour over croutons.
- Add egg yolks and mix gently.
- Shape 1/2 cupfuls into balls; flatten slightly.
- Place in a greased 15 in x 10 in x 1 in baking pan.
- Melt remaining butter; drizzle over the stuffing balls.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.