This recipe came out of a 1974 Southern Living cookbook. Great for the fresh veggies that we all harvest during the summer.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the zucchini in half and remove the pulp.
- Cook in boiling, salted water until almost done (beginning to get for tender) then drain.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp, drain on paper towel, and crumble.
- Add the corn, salt, pepper and 1 cup water to drippings in skillet and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until water has evaporated, approximately 15 minutes.
- Stir in bacon.
- Place zucchini in baking pan with a small amount of water in pan.
- Stuff the zucchini with the corn mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.