Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is such an attractive holiday dish. Lovely presentation. Parmesan on top browned tastes great but it detracts from the red, green and yellow colors. Looks good on a hot buffet
- 5 medium tomatoes, cut in half across,seeds removed,hollowed out,set up side down on paper towells to drain
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk (skim is OK)
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon, chopped,fried crisp and drained on paper towel
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups frozen corn, cooked and well drained (or use equivelent canned niblets well drained)
- Make a white sauce by melting the butter over low heat, add the flour stirring to make a roux, cook until it is smooth slowly add the milk stirring all the while (medium heat) until you havea thickened sauce about 2 minutes Remove from heat and add bacon, green onion and corn, season to taste.
- Fill each tomato half and place in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake in a 350F oven for apprx30 minutes.