Recipe by WiGal
DH and I love pork chops-even better than steak--LOL! This is a simple, homey old standby. I have made this at different oven temperatures to fit in with the rest of my oven meal. Love oven meals. At 350 degrees I bake for 1 hour, 325 degrees about 75 minutes, and at 400 degrees about 45 minutes.
Top Review by Irmgard
Overall, a very nice recipe. We did like the stuffing. However, I think 1-1/2 hours is a bit too long to cook pork chops in the oven. The chops were very dry after that length of time and neither one of us found them very appetizing. Next time, I will cook them for 45 minutes and see if that makes a difference.
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (optional)
- 2 slices soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup whole kernel corn
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork loin chops
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. See description above for higher oven temps and times-get all in the oven if you can! :).
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except the chops IN cooking dish, and stir.
- Top with chops-season chops with some pepper-add salt if you like it.
- Top with chops.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 75 minutes or chops are done. Check after 50 minutes to see if they are done to your family's preferences.