Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are yummy simple stuffed peppers, they make a nice side dish.
- 6 poblano chiles
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Set the oven control to broil. Cut the chiles lengthwise into halves and carefully remove all of the seeds. Place the cut sides down on the rack in the broiler and broil with the skin side up about 4" from the heat until the skin blisters on the peppers.
- Place the chiles in a plastic bag for 15 minutes and then carefully remove as much skin as possible. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Beat the eggs in a medium bowl until thick and lemon colored, about 4 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Place the chiles in a greased rectangular baking dish, 13" X 13 X 2". Spoon about 1/4 cup of the corn mixture into each chile half. Cover and bake until corn mixture is hot, about 25 minutes.